The weekend? June 29 - July 1, 2018
The challenge? To make a film in only 48 hours!
Filmmakers from all over the Atlanta, GA area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours. The winning film will go up against films from around the world at Filmapalooza 2019 for a chance at the grand prize and an opportunity to screen at the Cannes Film Festival 2019 Short Film Corner.
Welcome To Summer - Industry BBQ: Film, Music & Entertainment
Presented By Get Connected & Indie Film Loop
On Thursday, May 31st, Get Connected & the indie Film loop invites storytellers, throughout the Film, Music & Entertainment industries, to the "Welcome To Summer Industry BBQ" of 2018!
Through this collaborative event, our mission is to create an interactive environment where we erase boundaries and build bridges to new opportunities and creative collaborations between innovative thinkers.
The time to build through organic discovery is now. So, let's bring the pieces together.
Event: Welcome To Summer - Industry BBQ: Film, Music & Entertainment
Date: Thursday May 31st
Location: The Defoor Center - 1710 Defoor Avenue NW Atlanta, GA. 30318
Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Dress: Business Casual
Cost: $20 Registration - Limited Tickets Available
NOTE: Due To Capacity Limitations, We Suggest Attendees To RSVP Early To Secure Your Tickets. Also Please Select The Ticket That Represents Your Field Of interest Best As It Will Be used To Direct You To Different Areas Throughout The Evening Of The Event.
• 6:00pm - 7:00pm: Open Networking, Registration, Red Carpet, Music & Food
• 7:00pm - 9:30pm: Door Prizes, Panels, Performances & More!
• 9:30 - Until End Of Event: Open Networking, Final Giveaways
Refund Policy: NO REFUNDS
Focus: Film & Music Industry
Our Three panels are set With 16 Industry Professionals!
7pm - 7:50pm: "Music & The Business Of"
8pm - 8:50pm: "A Conversation With Industry Professionals"
9pm - 10pm: Q & A With Industry Professionals"
Casting directors, producers, actors, attorneys, unions, entertainment business, writers, music, film and entertainment business leaders and so much more!
Come ready to ask questions and understand how things work in Georgia, Legal questions, business management questions, song placement questions, etc.
Panel: "MUSIC & THE BUSINESS OF"
Panel Time: 7:00pm - 7:50pm
• Michelle Simpson - Entertainment Attorney - POE SIMPSON LAW
• Shachar Oren - President - Georgia Music Partners (GMP)
• Ella O’Kelley - Business Attorney - Sports, Entertainment & Business Law Firm
• Jeremy Gilbertson - Tunewelders
• Nino Villanova - President - Georgia Music Association (GMIA)
• Melisa Love - Senior Director - Songfinder
Panel: "A CONVERSATION WITH"
Panel Time: 8:00pm - 8:50pm
• Ric Reitz - President - Sag-Aftra
• Mystite Buice - Agency Director/ CFO - Houghton Talent
• Chuck Douglas - Attorney Law
• Darla McGlamery - Business Agent - IASTE Union Local 600
• Joy Pervis - Pervis - Talent Agency
Panel: "Q & A WITH INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS"
Panel Time: 9:00pm - 9:50pm
• Kelly Young - Owner - Words In Motion
• Jeffrey Karantz - Producer, Writer & Casting Director (Fate Of The Furious, Black Panther, & More)
• Karen Cantley - Script Supervisor (MaxGyver, Greenleaf, The Gifted, & More)
• Alpha Trivette - Actor (Mine 9, American Made, Banshee, & More)
• Frederick Taylor - Tomorrow Picture Production Co. (Coca Cola, BBDO, World Bicycle Relief, & More)
Limited so please Arrive Early
Convergence Room / Gabtsy
* Develop Organic Connections between Industries
* Explore Vendors
* Giveaway Announcements
* Special Presentations
* Meet our Sponsors
* Industry Showcases
* Performances / Live Music
* Visual Showcase
* Panels / Workshops
RSVP & Secure Your Tickets Today
indie Film Loop
Refund Policy: NO REFUNDS
Here are some of the teams that will be making a short film for Atlanta in only 48 hours.