Cleveland Horror Film Elements
Everything begins with the Kickoff Event on Friday night where you will draw a genre out of a hat and receive your required elements.In each city, at the Kickoff Event, we will assign a character, prop and line of dialogue. These elements must appear in your film in some way. All teams will have the same required elements.
- The required Character and Prop must be seen on-screen.
- The required Line of Dialogue must be used verbatim. It may be spoken, sung and/or written. It may be in any language, though if it is unclear that it is the required Line, there must be a translation.
- To qualify as an "Official 48 Hour Film", each group's film must be in the genre it selects and must contain all required elements within the official time limit and prior to the credits.
Here are some examples from previous years:
- Fred or Frieda VanStrunken, Exchange Student
- Molly or Mike Murray, Illustrator
- John or Janice Simon, Equestrian
- a wrapped gift
- a snow globe
- an electric fan
Line of Dialogue
- "What's your problem?"
- "That's what I'm talking about."
- "When you say it like that, it's almost poetry."