How to Enter
In 2015, the Project will visit 137 cities around the world—with thousands of filmmaking teams taking part.
The only question is:
Do you have what it takes to make one of the Best 48 Hour films of the year? Click to register.
Now in its 15th year, the 48 Hour Film Project is the ultimate filmmaking challenge. Making a film isn't so hard, is it? Here's the catch—you've got to do it all (and we mean all) in just 48 hours!
Here's how it works:
- Local competitions are held in cities around the world. Click here for a list of cities.
- The Project begins with a kickoff event where each team is a randomly assigned a film genre.
- Then we will announce a character, prop and line of dialogue that must appear in each film.
- You are responsible for putting together your own cast and crew, and getting equipment and anything else you need to make a film/video.
- You must submit your completed film 48 hours later--one minute late is too late.
- All submitted films will be screened at a local theater. (Because we guarantee a screening to all teams that submit an on-time film, we limit the number of teams that participate in each city.)
- Awards are announced and the winner of "Best Film" in each city will be screened at Filmapalooza.
Teams are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis—so register early. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just getting started, this is the contest for you. It's easy to enter.