Designer Vision 48 Hour Film Project Trailer
"The Unattainable Piece" by Imagine 2 Life Studios
"Mr. Freckles" by Fat Cow Productions
"Perspective" by Brain Fry Productions
"The Toast" by Sekret Media
"I (Eggs) You" by Thing One
"Olympus" by Joseph Road Studios
This September six teams of filmmakers got the opportunity of a lifetime — they were provided three luxurious Designer Visions apartments as the set for their films.
Following the rules of the 48 Hour Film Project, six film teams had only one weekend to write, shoot, edit, and score a short film. The teams now are competing for $5000 in prizes.
The films will premier at the Angelika Theater on November 12th and the winners will be announced at the screening. The next evening, filmmakers will attend the opening gala at 250 West Street, El Ad Group's landmark residential property in Tribeca.
For Designer Visions, now in its sixth year, Hearst Design Group publications ELLE DECOR, House Beautiful, andVERANDA have partnered with top interior designers to create three exquisite apartments in the luxury building. Each residence reflects the magazines' unique style and point of view. The designers for this year's Designer Visions are Matthew Patrick Smyth, David Rockwell and Antony Todd.
The competition will be judged by a jury of film professionals Judges will select the best film as well as the film that best integrates participating sponsors including Jenn-Air and Benjamin Moore.
Best Film Judges:
- Kristen Johnston, two-time Emmy winning actress
(3rd Rock from the Sun)
- Mark DuPlass, Film director, film producer, actor, and screenwriter
(The Puffy Chair, Jeff who Lives at Home)
- Dana Harris, Editor in Chief of IndieWire Magazine
- John Tintori, Chair at the Kanbar Institute of Film,
Graduate Film School at NYU
- Jeremy Kipp Walker, Producer/director and partner at independent film production company Journeyman Pictures (Half Nelson, It's Kind of a Funny Story)
Brand Integration Judges:
- Nancy Hill, President and CEO of 4A
(American Association of Advertising Agencies)
- Paulina Reyes, Advertising Design Director, Mother New York
- Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO, Chief Creative Officer,
Kaplan Thaler Group
- Carla Hendra, Global Chairman, OgilvyRED, Ogilvy & Mather