Paperwork If you're going to be a successful filmmaker, you've got to have the right paperwork!!

First, review the Rules and FAQ. If you can't find the answer to your question, contact us.

Document Submission Dates

The Team Leader Agreement must be brought to the Kickoff Event. The rest are all due at the Dropoff Event, along with your film - in the official envelope provided for you at the Kickoff Event. And some can even be completed online!!

Include relevant buttons/links

Required Documents

We are finalizing the documents for 2015 and will make them available for download here once that is complete.

Team Leader's Agreement

The Team Leader must sign this form to indicate agreement to the Project's rules and requirements, and then bring it to the Kickoff.

Certification Statement

The Team Leader must sign this form to certify that all creative work took place during the Official Competition Period.

Waiver and Release Form

  • This is a combined Talent Release and Liability Waiver Form, meaning there's one less form you have to keep track of.
  • All cast and crew must sign.
  • Each team member must sign a separate form.
  • Remember, this form helps protect you, the team leader, as well as the Project.

Music Release Form

This form is used for music.

Materials Release Form

This form is used for sound effects, photographs, stock footage as part of a post-production effect (including relevant video filters) and other materials.

Location Release Form

This form is used for location releases.

Wrap Up Form

We want to know the details—what happened during your wild weekend of moviemaking?

Team Roster

Tells us who is on your team, their job, and their e-mail address.

Helpful Hints Did you know...?

SAG-AFTRA Team Members

SAG-AFTRA does allow it's member to participate in 48 hour films, but this entails additional paperwork and distribution restrictions. Add link

Plan Ahead

All creative work must be done during the official filmmaking period; however, you can get some of the tedious paperwork done ahead of time.

Waiver and Release Forms

Get your team members to sign releases ahead of time - then you don't have to worry with it during crunch time.

Note: This form helps protect you, the team leader, as well as the 48HFP.

Local Musicians

Some local musicians, bands & composers may be willing to let you use their work in your film because it creates ablurbitional exposure for talents.

Creative Commons

You may use music or materials that fall under the license. This is the only CC lisense that meets the 48HFP conditions.

Note: Creative Commons licenses that are either Non-Commercial or Sharealike are NOT compatible with the 48HFP's Team Leader's Agreement and therefore can NOT be used.

Scout Locations

You are allowed to scout possible locations in advance. This will also coming in handy for creating your storyline. It's easier to writer the script when you know what you have available.

Filming Permits

The 48HFP does not require you obtain permits for filming; however, it's possible your city may require permits for certain locations.

Hint: Your local film commission is a good resource to learn what is and isn't permitted in your city.