Learn More About the 48HFP
Welcome to the 48 Hour Film Project - the world's largest timed filmmaking competition - where we challenge you and your team to make a short film in only 48 hours.
The best part? We show your film on the big screen... guaranteed!
How Does It Work?
Registered teams attend the Kickoff Event in their city.
At the Kickoff:
- Each team receives the genre for its film in a random drawing
- The required elements are announced - a character, a prop and a line of dialogue - each of which must appear in all films
Then it is off to the races!! Filmmakers have just 48 hours to write, shoot and edit their film.
At the Dropoff Event, teams submit their film along with the required paperwork.
Your Film on the Big Screen
The culmination of all your hard work is a screening of your film at a local theater. (All submitted films screen!) Filmmakers experience the thrill of seeing their creative work on the big screen in front of an audience. An opportunity you don't want to miss!
Next Steps Ready to get started?
Here's what you need:
1. Assemble a few key people to be on your team. Friends, family, craigslist respondents! And, we can help. Your city's webpage will let you know about upcoming networking events. Plus in the US we have an online database of potential teammates called Castlisting.com. You get access to this as a team leader once you register
2. Think of a team name and register!
3. On the Register page, find your city and check the dates! While you're there, be sure to join your city's Facebook page.
4. Click Register
Films, Films & More Films
To date more than 50,000 films have been made for the 48 Hour Film Project.
• más info
The 48 Hour Film Project has taken place in more than 150 cities throughout the world.
• más info
Mexico City set a record for the most number of teams ever with 200 teams in 2016.