48HFP Production Documents
These documents are for the 48 Hour Film Project. To view the documents for our other projects, please click here.
Paperwork: Never fun, always required! There's no way around it, if you're a filmmaker, you've got to have the paperwork.
All the documents you need to have a successful filmmaking weekend will be right here.
The rules are straightforward, but inevitably people have questions. If you have a question you can't find in the rules or the FAQ, send us an email.
Second, download the following documents.
This document is due prior to the start of the competition:
- Team Leader's Agreement: The Team Leader must sign this form to indicate agreement to the Project's rules and requirements, and then bring it to the Kickoff.
The following are all required to be submitted with your film at the Drop Off event.
- Wrap Up Form: We want to know the details—what happened during your wild weekend of moviemaking?
- Team Roster: Tells us who is on your team, their job, and their e-mail address.
- Certification Statement: The Team Leader must sign this form to certify that all creative work took place during the Official Competition Period.
- Waiver and Release Form
- This is a combined Talent Release and Liability Waiver Form, meaning there's one less form you have to keep track of.
- All cast and crew must sign.
- Each team member must sign a separate form.
- Remember, this form helps protect you, the team leader, as well as the Project.
- Music Release Form: This form is used for music.
- Materials Release Form: This form is used for sound effects, photographs, stock footage as part of a post-production effect (including relevant video filters) and other materials.
- Location Release Form: This form is used for location releases.
Here is a checklist to help you keep track of all your paperwork.
Here is a zip file with all of the documents on this page.