The weekend: Datas a Anunciar
Four Points Film Project 2021: Locations and Legends
Your challenge this year is to feature your city or town AND your film should be told as a Folk Tale, Legend, or Tall Tale.
Are you ready to spin a yarn?! This year’s Project puts your creativity to the test! You must incorporate a landmark or distinguishing feature of your city or town AND the story must be in the style of a legend. Whether you call it a folk tale, a tall tale or a legend, we’re looking for your film to fall into one of the following styles.
1. Folk tales are stories originating in popular culture, typically passed on by word of mouth. Folk tales describe how the main character copes with the events of everyday life, and the tale may involve crisis or conflict. They also have themes common among cultures worldwide.
2. Legends resemble folk tales in content; they may include supernatural beings, elements of mythology, or explanations of natural phenomena, but they are associated with a particular locality or person and are told as a matter of history.
3. Tall tales are narratives that depict the wild adventures of extravagantly exaggerated folk heroes. The tall tale is essentially an oral form of entertainment; the audience appreciates the imaginative invention rather than the literal meaning of the tales.
Each film must include:
• a landmark (building, monument, etc.)
• identifying characteristic (e.g. bus, city office)
• the city/town being featured prominently in your story
O fim de semana da competição Four Points Film Project começa às 19:00, horário local, na sexta-feira e termina na segunda-feira à meia-noite. Isso dá à tua equipa 77 horas para escrever, filmar, editar, musicar e enviar uma curta-metragem. Irás receber dois géneros aleatórios e deverás gravar o teu filme usando um ou ambos os géneros. A cada fuso horário será atribuído seu próprio conjunto de elementos - personagem, objecto e linha de diálogo. Todos os filmes serão enviados on-line e as instruções serão fornecidas à tua equipe após o registo.