Judging & Prizes
In all of our cities, a panel of judges decide the local awards. The panels are made up from industry professionals and experts. Past judges have included: Dave Costabile, Sean Gunn, and Nathalie Boltt.The judges use these considerations for Best Film:
- Artistic Merit (story, creativity, entertainment, etc.) - 45%
- Technical Merit - 30%
- Adherence to the Assignment - 25%
All films, whether they are on time or late, are eligible for the Audience Award. This award is determined by a voting system at the premiere screenings of each city.
A number of awards are presented in each of our cities, including Best Film, Best Directing, Best Writing and Acting awards. But also the Best Use of the required elements are up for grabs!The Best Film winner of each city receives:
- Filmapalooza Screening: The City Winner will be screened at Filmapalooza 2024, the official 48HFP Awards Weekend.
- A Trophy which will be presented at Filmapalooza.
- There may be additional prizes in some cities.